Diamond – April’s Birthstone

Diamond earrings are perfect for everyday wear because they go with everything and can withstand everyday use!

Diamond earrings are perfect for everyday wear because they go with everything and can withstand everyday use!

April Birthstone – Diamond!

Oh you lucky April birthdays! Sparkling, scintillating and admired by all; diamonds have been worn for centuries in all kinds of jewelry.

Diamond mines can be found in places all over the world. They are formed 87-118 miles deep within the Earth’s mantle and under great pressure and very high temperatures. Diamonds are brought up by volcanic eruptions that later cools, known as kimberlites and lamproites.

Diamonds are made up of about 99.95% carbon, the only gem made from one element. Trace elements make up the other 0.05%. “Whether fashioned or rough, and no matter what their shape, all diamonds have the same chemical composition and internal crystal structure,” as per the GIA website. It has the highest luster possible because of their unique optical and physical properties.

Diamond is the hardest known substance of pure carbon and the only gemstone ranking a 10 on the Mohs hardness scale. A diamond can last forever because of its strength and hardness and it can be passed down from one generation to the next. It is no wonder as to why this stone was chosen to be the symbol of marriage and selected for engagement rings!

If you are looking for an engagement ring, or would like to upgrade what you currently wear now, please come in to see our selection! We carry many different sizes, all cuts, a range of color and all different types of clarity grades.
Facts: www.GIA.edu/diamond-description

No Comments Yet.

Leave a comment